Senior Business Associate, Governance Productivity & Strategy, Commercial Banking.
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. CCB has operations in over 30 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country commercial bankers. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe.For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today's modern financial infrastructure-this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world's most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what's right.
Description Commercial Lending Management ("CLM") is responsible for the end-to-end commercial lending process for clients of APAC CCB.Key responsibilities of CLM include loan underwriting, credit and financial due diligence, loan structuring and documentation, portfolio management, and credit delivery and servicing. CLM manages approximately $14 billion in credit exposure across nearly c. 4,000 credit relationships and a range of industries, including technology, industrials, healthcare and branded consumer in 11 APAC countries.Key loan product capabilities include lines of credit, term loans, trade finance, foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives, as well as various forms of cross border lending throughout the CCB's global network of 30+ countries.As part of APAC CLM regional team, the Governance, Productivity & Strategy ("GPS") Senior Business Associate will support the Regional CLM Head for driving improvements in overall accountability, lending productivity, client experience, and is responsible for ensuring the CCB's underwriting standards, controls, lending procedures, policies and procedures are complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all bank policies and the latest regulatory requirements. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated credit professional preferably with experience in working for CLM. The role reports directly to the APAC Head of CLM and will be based in Hong Kong. Key Responsibilities
• Lending Governance & Controls -Working with the regional and country CLM leadership in developing and maintaining a portfolio of procedure documents, business credit standards, and related flow charts and process maps, and staffing plans that govern the end-to-end delivery of credit to CCB clients in APAC -Ensuring such processes, standards, and procedures comply with all bank and regulatory policies, and compliment the execution of the CCB's business strategy -Supporting regional and country CLM leadership in designing, implementing and managing the closure of all Corrective Action Plans ("CAPs") related to CLM activities -Oversight for roll out of all CLM related compliance and regulatory projects, including WCR; LIBOR transition; Y-14, etc. • Lending Productivity & Strategy -Strategically review on a continual basis the end-to-end credit delivery process for proper alignment, including all CLM, Coverage IR, and back-office activities, processes, procedures, organizational structures, roles and responsibilities, and data requirements -Work on developing and implementing a continual improvement process framework for commercial lending that seeks both incremental and "break-through" improvements in loan products, services and delivery over time • Portfolio Data Reporting & Analytics -Coordinating and prioritizing rapid portfolio reviews, portfolio stress tests, portfolio reviews, ad hoc portfolio requests, etc. -Coordinating and prioritizing CLM involvement / responses to all local, Global and external data and reporting requests and special projects • Lending Digitization: -Partnering with CCB Regional Digitization teams, CLM Global Office and Technology to provide a best-in-class portfolio management dashboards / data analytics tools for Credit Officers, CLM Team Leads and CLM management to quickly assess and monitor trends in portfolio performance, upcoming and past due work flows, and other credit delivery matters that require management attention or escalation -Ensuring CLM has a consolidated view of the systemic reports to support the effective management and review of critical loan data elements, and propose and implement additional reporting as needed -Ensuring the implementation regional digitalization projects such as LCD; AISIGHT; Gateway Lending etc. through regional coordination and stakeholder engagement Internal Partner Engagement
- CCB Client Coverage Segment and Country Heads
- CLM Country Heads
- CLM Global Office, and Technology
- Legal / Compliance / Risk
- FCR/ Internal Audit
- Third-party consultants
- 8 - 10 years of experience in a credit underwriting, portfolio and/or risk management or related audit role with a large multinational financial services company, with the capacity to apply functional knowledge to a multi-faceted, high profile leadership role within CLM
- Deep knowledge of regulatory policies and guidelines for credit underwriting and portfolio management
- Possesses a working knowledge of the key credit delivery systems of the CCB including CitiRisk Commercial, SalesForce, Facility Management, Optima, etc.
- Working knowledge of the relevant procedures, policies, business credit standards, and related flow charts and process maps that govern the end-to-end delivery of credit to CCB clients in the U.S., including the stakeholders involved and the strategic impact of each governance document on such parties
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Proficient at problem solving, can remove obstacles, weigh alternatives and create innovative solutions to overcome challenges
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening), including experience interacting with internal and external auditors, regulators, etc.
- Unwavering enthusiasm with a commitment to excellence, tenacity, attention to detail and integrity
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Administration Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting