Senior Business Consultant
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 19 May 19
A multifaceted job with high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities. We offer competitive salary and excellent bonus potential with broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
Job ID: JR63525
About the team
We are seeking a strong Senior Business Consultant to support new sales to the Alternative Investment market with a primary focus on the Private Equity market as well as supporting sales to the existing client base. The successful candidate's primary role is to work on complex software and service sales; work within a team to understand a client's business and requirements; deliver product demonstrations, workshops, and shape solutions incorporating product, professional services, and managed services. The position requires approximately 40-50% travel, mainly in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. The successful candidate will have strong presentation and organization skills, while providing business and technical expertise as well as becoming a market expert to understand the competitive offerings and our differentiators in the market.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver pre-sales presentations and solution demonstrations, clearly articulating the benefits and value proposition of our solution set.
- Provide technical and functional expertise throughout the pre-sales process in collaboration with the sales and professional services teams.
- Develop and maintain a strong product knowledge with respect to our software & services as well as the broader marketplace.
- Identify, qualify, and document clients' business and functional requirements to effectively present FIS Alternative solutions as well as identify solution gaps and communicate back to product management.
- Ensure consistent, accurate and effective understanding of our Alternatives business objectives and requirements to both internal and external customers.
- Work with the team to help define the go to market strategy for the Alternatives market and contribute to the go to market of the overall Alternative Solutions business.
- Support the delivery team by ensuring detailed handover of project scope, including client's requirements, and required setup.
- Help to improve the end to end deal process including qualification and work closer with delivery team.
- Support Account Management activity.
- Maintain and improve the solution adoption by existing clients.
- Provide coverage at annual trade shows and client events.
- Respond to RFI / RFP / client queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Support the development of new business opportunities and interface with the product management, professional services, support, and development organizations.
- Engage with the regulatory bodies, business associations, sector magazines and clients to remain up-to-date on the present and future industry drivers and challenges that will allow us to fine tune our go to market and solution set offering.
- Work with marketing and product strategy teams to identify and research new market verticals and opportunities.
What you bring:
- At least 6 years' experience working within a financial software company as a Pre-Sales / Professional Services consultant in a relevant business area and/or working at a Private Equity or related company.
- Proficient with financial software in general and strong understanding of technical terminology and the overall software development process.
- Strong understanding of private equity business.
- Awareness of other players in the Alternatives software & services space would be desirable.
- Ability to converse with a wide variety of audiences including end users of the software as well as technology teams and C-level decision makers.
- Outstanding presentation abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues clearly.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Responsible & self-motivated: capable of self-managing and coordinating with colleagues.
- High degree of professionalism and business awareness: quickly able to understand the investment process and business issues presented by the client.
- Understanding of the entire sales cycle, from market research through contract signing.
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and work under pressure.
What we offer you:
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- A variety of career development tolls, resources and opportunities.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.