Job description Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Business Development Manager
. Principal Responsibilities
- Build sound business cases and growth initiatives for management approval and channel buy-in
- Work with channels/distributions in any strategy projects and implement agreed initiatives to support business growth
- Optimize the capacity in distribution network to drive profitability and quality performance
- Establish sales performance dashboard and MI and tracking against the rolling plan to identify opportunities and risks to achieving insurance sales operating goals
- Interface with Group and 2LOD teams such as compliance, legal, wealth risk, group wealth, group retail, etc. to make sure the business model and sales process are compliant with internal governance and regulatory requirements
- Provide leadership in the drive towards achievement of profitability in the sale of associated general insurance products
- Provide coaching to other supporting team members and courage teamwork in general insurance distribution teams
- Mobilize resources, resolve conflicts, and collaborate across teams and functions to achieve business goals
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Degree qualified with a proven track record in senior leadership roles with profit and loss ownership in general insurance businesses
- Strong commercial orientation and analytical skills in establishing cost effective strategy for the business
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, interpersonal and negotiation skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.