We are looking for an exceptional Java developer to join the Calypso development team. The Calypso development team works closely with all the major departments involved in the Fixed Income & EQ DRVT front-to-back businesses to deliver solutions, resolve problems, provide advice on configurations, and develop new features. We adopt a full-stack approach to development and oversee the business needs from front to back.
The successful candidates will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced and multicultural environment. They would be intellectually challenged to find creative solutions for problems, improve performance, and reduce operational costs for the business. This is also a great opportunity for candidates with good technical skills to learn more about the FICC and EQD business by working directly with users.
- Analyze requirements, develop new features or enhance existing configurations in the Calypso trading system to deliver functions that meet business requirements
- Optimize the performance of the trading system by improving or rewriting existing functions
- Investigate and resolve issues escalated by the production support team related to Calypso
- Work on the version upgrade project
- Migrate business lines from other systems to Calypso
- Follow the processes for version control, continuous integration and release management
- Keep records and documents on design, support, user manuals and operation procedures
- Ensure code is covered thorough by unit tests and rigorously tested before deploying to QA or UAT
- Coordinate with production support teams on releases and issue management
- Other tasks related to projects as directed by the manager
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven years of experience in software development in the banking/finance sector
- Strong development skills in Java
- Hands-on with J2EE servers such as JBoss and a good understanding of Java memory optimization
- Familiar with Spring framework, SQL databases, and web-based application development
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of automated unit testing frameworks and best practices
- Very strong attention to details can work independently
- Good communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honor (or equivalent) or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an IT related discipline from a prestigious institution
- Past experience in Calypso systems is a strong advantage
- Proficiency in Angular framework
- Hands-on with Python and other scripting languages
- Familiarity with Agile development artifacts and best practices.
- Ability to mesh requirements-driven tasks and technical debt reduction tasks
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Senior Calypso / Java Developer - Leading Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Business Intelligence (BI) Development Lead - Leading Bank
2) Python Development Lead - Leading Investment Bank - Hong Kong
3) IT Business Analyst - Life Insurance Group