Senior Client Relationship Manager Asia Ex-Japan , State Street Global Advisors, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Why this role is important to us
- Responsible in supporting Account Executives on client retention and strategic initiatives to expand existing client relationships
- Partner with Account Executives to identify and explore sales and business opportunities through on-going proactive contacts with existing clients
- Involve and coordinate relationship management activities across our sales, investment, marketing, operations, finance, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle, from initial contact to on-boarding to (hopefully infrequent) off-boarding to satisfy and exceed client needs
- Work with Client Relationship Management team in Asia ex-Japan to build and deliver exceptional client service across the full lifecycle of institutional clients' experience with SSGA and that SSGA is seen as the first class institutional product and service provider
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will
What we value
- Take on ownership of the client experience, focus on business retention and increase visibility with clients
- Comprehension of firm capabilities and services to deliver solutions supporting client goals
- Proactive with regular client contacts and manage on-going relationships
- Coordinate with various departments for new business take on, account transition, contract negotiation and day-to-day servicing of clients
- Work closely with Account Executives to facilitate the preparation of RFI, RFP and Due Diligence Questionnaire
- Work closely with various business units on internal projects or ad hoc requests
- Work closely with multiple internal stakeholders to conform to KYC/AML procedures
- Provide guidance and supervision to junior staff
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Existing relationships with Asia ex-Japan institutional clients/prospects is a plus
- Proficiency in navigating complex client relationships, including the support of client events and ensuring a thorough understanding of client expectations
- Strong organizational, project planning and execution skills
- Self starter, fast learner, excellent interpersonal skill and attentive to details
- Ability to lead, prioritize and work under pressure and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- Ability to collaborate and to create synergy, positive attitude towards learning and be a strong team player
- Ability to think strategically to form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
- Clear understanding of, and the ability to effectively reinforce, accountability and ownership with internal stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Possess strong emotional quotient to anticipate client needs and have strong presentation skills in order to source cross-sell opportunities and actively lead client retention efforts
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics or a related discipline
- Relevant SFC licenses, CFA/MBA is a plus
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in client-facing and client-servicing role at asset management firms or investment consulting firms
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers