Senior Control Manager Compliance Asia Pacific - Compliance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Control Manager Compliance Asia Pacific. Principal responsibilities
- Provide expert advice to management across Hong Kong and Asia Pacific priority markets in implementing and overseeing risk and control governance processes
- Ensure that Financial Crime Risk management is exercising accountability for managing their risks and controls and escalates issues as appropriate
- Job holder will be required to lead, inspire and motivate
- Support robust risk governance and ensure all stakeholders have visibility of key risks, the state of the control environment and remediation activity
- Demonstrate leadership on the planning and execution of thematic investigations and compliance reviews in response to internal or external events
- Align Financial Crime Risk activities to the global strategy and challenge senior leaders on their day to day management of controls
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Seasoned professional with strong experience in risk controls , governance and financial crime risk is highly preferred
- Risk and Control subject matter expertise and the experience of challenging risk owners
- Extensive operational risk experience within a global organization, working across borders and cultures
- Proven capability in building a high performing team
- Ability to make considered and timely decisions under pressure
- Relationship management, communication and influencing skills with experience of positive interactions with diverse and senior stakeholders
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Ability to present complex issues in a concise and confident manner
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.