Ref. Number: 22013 Department: Risk Management Department Job Type: Global Recruitment Posting Date: July 19. 23, 2022 Closing Date: August 9, 2022 Senior Credit Risk Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and are Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled, and promotes regional connectivity.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Credit Risk Officer within the Risk Management Department is to implement AIIB's credit risk management framework to ensure sound management of credit risk. The candidate is expected to identify, assess, and manage the associated risks with underlying transactions that pertain to debt or equity with a view to safeguarding the Bank's interests by minimizing potential losses. The candidate will be required to implement the Bank's investment risk framework and will report to the Head of Credit and Investment Risk . Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate credit and investment risks of loans, guarantees, and investment activities; identify, measure, and mitigate the risk of new transactions. Make recommendations on deal structures and pricing, focusing on project finance and corporate lending.
- Review proposed credit risk ratings based on the country, sector, market, and counterparty financial analysis provided in the project appraisal documents and recommend appropriate ratings; continuously monitor and recommend changes in counterparties' credit ratings.
- Assess different counterparties such as stand-alone project finance borrowers, corporates, financial institutions, and private equity funds, and various product offerings made to these counterparties ranging from loans and guarantees to structured financial products and direct equity.
- Identify, formulate, and review financial and credit risk management policies and ensure that appropriate systems, procedures, and guidelines are in line with best banking practices.
- Conduct best practice due diligence and supervision in close collaboration with the Investment Operations departments, ensuring that AIIB's risk appetite statement is implemented and a proper risk-reward balance is achieved in all transactions.
- Closely follow the Bank's lending and investment activities at transaction origination, monitoring, and supervision levels, and advise on possible actions to mitigate the credit and investment risk resulting to the Bank
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in multilateral development bank(s) or global financial institution(s), ideally in private sector credit risk management, lending, project finance and capital markets. Familiarity with the economies of AIIB's client countries will be an advantage.
- Thorough product knowledge of all kinds of structured financial products and equity investments.
- In-depth knowledge of credit and investment risk-related financial analysis, procedures, and systems in complex global financial services settings.
- Familiarity with credit-enhancing mechanisms, risk mitigation, and treatment of collateral regarding credit and investment exposures.
- Proven skills and working experience in credit risk assessment and supervision in major industrial sectors with particular emphasis on financial intermediaries and project lending in developing economies.
- A solid understanding of credit and risk management; detail-oriented; quantitative analysis skills would be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master's degree or higher in risk management, finance, or other related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.