Senior Credit Specialist
You will be responsible for performing credit analysis for Lombard credit facility across the APAC region primarily focusing on Greater China. You're role would also be in charge to obtain the necessary credit approval as well as ensuring a proper execution and dedicated management of the credit risk.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- As part of the role you should be able to lead a distinct credit portfolio on a day-to-day basis
- You will have to conduct in-depth risk analysis of client, transaction structure and collateral for the purpose of identifying their suitability to demonstrate and actively help to mitigate the risks of a transaction, as per the Global & Regional Credit Policies, Guidelines and Credit Manuals
- Prepare the credit write-ups for credit decisions in the specified format; furthermore engage and discuss credit issues with Credit Management as required.
- Exercise credit discernment and submit credit approvals of credit structures in compliance with existing risk appetite, assigned credit authority and applicable Credit Policies and Manuals
- Maintaining dedicated partnerships, negotiations & communication in relation to credit matters / new transactions with Relationship Managers, AFG, Trading, Legal, Compliance and other CRM / Risk business divisions etc.
- Complete credit reviews / assessment of existing credit facilities
- Co-ordinate with Loan Operations, Credit Control and Credit Valuation Monitoring teams to ensure that the exposures and position of approved credit transactions are adequately reflected, authorized and monitored in the risk systems
- You hold a Bachelor's or master's degree preferably in finance, banking or similar
- You should have 5 years of work experience in financial services, with a focus on Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Research or Credit Analytics preferred; knowledge of capital markets and credit products offered by private banks desirable.
- You possess phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Possessing personal characteristics like proficient analytical, communication and writing skills, flexibility, good negotiation skills, determined, conceptual thinking, outgoing collaborator would be an added advantage
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.