Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Hang Seng Indexes Company Ltd
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited ('Hang Seng Indexes Company') manages and compiles the Hang Seng Family of Indexes, which cover stocks listed in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Our index series includes the Hang Seng Index, the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index and the Hang Seng TECH Index, as well as Stock Connect, Greater Bay Area and sector-related indexes. As at the end of 2020, assets under management in products passively tracking indexes in the Hang Seng Family of Indexes had reached a total of about US$38 billion.
Hang Seng Indexes Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank. Our company is a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index complier services to customers and financial institutions around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Data Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Establish and execute the mechanism of data governance (Data standard, Single source of Truth and Data quality assurance);
- Oversee the Team for data BAU operation that empowers Hang Seng Indexes with trusted data;
- Establish Proactive Data Quality Management and Data Quality Monitoring system;
- Enhance data accessibility across the teams to stand up the self-service model;
- Uplift the data driven culture for the organization;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to align the data strategy with business strategy
- University degree or above in Information System, Finance, Business Administration or a related discipline;
- 12 to 15 years' solid experience in Data Governance, establishing and enforcing data operating model and standardized operating procedure, preferably with financial data management background;
- 5+ years of experience in managing data warehouse on Cloud and performing data cleansing; and 5+ years of experience with cloud service providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud);
- Experiences on data dictionary, business glossary, data catalog and data quality solutions preferred;
- Strong project management and business analysis experience with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skill;
- Resilient, capable of working responsibly in a dynamic environment;
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese;
- Proficiency in Python and Tableau a plus;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.