Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Global Banking and Markets - Global Markets
Hang Seng's Global Markets business provides superior service, fully integrated solutions and 24-hour global markets coverage. Our support framework is substantial. Our advanced technologies deliver quick access to key markets. Our capital strength allows us to tailor competitively-priced solutions for specific client business around the world. We provide a full spectrum of treasury services to our customers, including foreign exchange, interest rate risk management, derivatives products, capital markets instruments, as well as market intelligence on global trends and key developments.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Dealer II, Markets Treasury. Principal responsibilities
- Handle dealing in money and capital market transactions in HKD and other currencies within assigned limits for managing the Bank's risk exposure and maximizing the returns on funds employed;
- Ensure surplus cash is deployed and deficits are financed at the best terms for the Bank;
- Ensure execution and completion of short and medium term funding plans on behalf of the Bank;
- Ensure the Bank will at all times be able to meet its current and potential cash flow obligations, at a reasonable price, without significant commercial and reputational risks;
- Liaise with Analytics closely to track the liquidity position and to raise short and long term funding as when required;
- Manage interest rate risk positions on BSM books under ALM approved transfer pricing principles;
- Support the Head of Markets Treasury on business initiatives
- University degree in Banking, Finance, Economics or related discipline;
- Minimum of five years' relevant working experience in financial markets;
- Strong balance sheet management knowledge;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly adaptable to changes and challenges;
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage;
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.