Senior DevOps Storage Engineer, Data Protection Service
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world daily. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth. Department Description
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery). Mission
You will be part of the Core Hosting and Platform tribe, which mission is to provide industry-leading hosting capabilities, both on traditional & cloud technologies.
You will join as a Senior Storage Engineer of the Data Protection service, with a primary focus on delivering global, long-term data retention capabilities to our internal partners across all business lines & locations. You will contribute to the mission of delivering innovative cloud services at scale and you will partner closely with other cross-functional teams to help define and participate to a cohesive, global "GTS Platform" strategy.
You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver GTS Cloud Platform products and you will quickly ramp up as a subject matter expert of the Data Protection service, becoming the go-to person for designing elegant cloud-based solutions. You will apply your expertise of & experience with cloud-based storage solutions and open source tools to resolve what are often considered seemingly unsolvable cloud technology platform challenges for our customers
GTS Private Cloud platform development follows the SAFe methodology, with 2 Release Trains comprising 20+ feature teams distributed across the globe, the majority being in Paris. The FTs are accompanied by a product manager and 2 Release Train Engineers who ensure we deliver value according to our internal partners' need and maintain consistency across the entire platform.
As a team member within an Agile framework, you will demonstrate a strong willingness to learn about new technologies, new ways of working and share your own experience/knowledge as required by the team. In a self-managed environment, your passion, technical depth, and intellectual curiosity will inspire your team.
Your main activities will include, while not being limited:
Profile Academic background and certifications, experience
- Design, implement and support storage, tiering and catalog architectures.
- Monitor performance, system health and data storage integrity.
- Perform regular capacity planning and usage trending.
- Develop and maintain a production grade environment, highly available and scalable with zero or minimum downtime configuration with adequate operations documentation.
- Integrate regulatory, security and control framework through the whole life cycle of the service development and consumption.
- Leverage on modern automation and scripting technologies to minimize manual effort in all aspects of the management of the service.
- Be a technical referent and expert on Data Protection infrastructure and advise product owner and management on the development of the service.
- Bachelor degree (computer science or engineering preferred), master degree advantageous.
- 5+ years of experience as a storage engineer, preferably on cloud-based storage technologies.
- Aws sysops administrator or microsoft certified azure administrator.
- Corporate level is to be determined after the technical interviews; you must have at least 8 years' experience to qualify at VP level
- Daily management of storage and backup infrastructures in a large scale corporate or cloud environment.
- Working knowledge with Object Storage technologies (AWS S3, Scality RING, EMC ECS, Netapp StorageGrid or similar).
- Solid understanding of operation recovery and disaster recovery techniques and strategies.
- Daily practice and advance troubleshooting of Linux base operating systems.
- Experience with DevOps configuration tools such as Puppet, Ansible.
- Automation mindset with little tolerance for repetitive work.
- Coding or scripting experience with Python or other mainstream language.
- Solid understanding of storage communication protocols and networking concepts.
- Passionate about learning new things, share knowledge, and solving complex challenges.
Nice to have
- Experience with an Agile framework employing SCRUM methodology.
- Working experience with open source databases software.
- Experience with metrics collection and visualization open source software (Zabbix, Elasticsearch, Grafana or similar).