Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Digital Business Services - Information Technology
In Hang Sang Information Technology, we amplify our services and solutions through innovative application of technologies, delivering a comprehensive range of products and services in meeting changing customer needs. We enhance customer convenience, access and choices across our distribution channels, providing secure and engaged offering at individual's lifestyle expectation. We advocate creativity and collaboration to unlock the potential of our people, creating an open and progressive workplace. We develop deep expertise in financial technologies, consulting and partnering with our business in delivering customer centric propositions in an agile environment.
We deploy the latest technologies to meet changing customer needs and enhance the Bank's leading and competitive position in the market. Cloud First is our strategic direction which enable us to fulfill our customer expectations dynamically and efficiently.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Development Specialist (Google Lead)
. Principal responsibilities
- Work closely with Hang Seng Global Business / Global Functions Cloud Champions, DevOps teams, Cyber Security, Architecture, IT Risk, etc. to drive for successful project execution on Google platform in a time to market, secure-by-design and compliant with mandatory policy and security standards manner.
- Align with developers the best practices, processes and essential standards
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Provide initial feedback and review on system design
- Maintain pipeline for all Hang Seng Google workloads
- Communicate with HSBC Asia Pacific Global Cloud Services team and Google Cloud Community on any issues identified, knowledge sharing, etc.
- Keep up to speed and promote the latest trainings and certifications, and designs and maintains customized programs
- Drive Google Cloud adoption roadmap for Hang Seng
- Consolidate, develop and promote the reuse of common patterns for Google in Hang Seng
- Provide Management reporting to ensure data driven discussions for continuous improvement
- Minimum 10-15 years of working experience in development and support of banking applications
- A bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, or Information Technology related discipline
- Industry recognized Cloud Certifications
- Solid experience of building a range of Services in Google
- Good understanding of DevOps principles, Infrastructure as Code concepts and techniques, CI and CD pipeline implementation on multiple technology stacks
- Knowledge on Security and Compliance such IAM and Cloud compliance, auditing and monitoring tools
- Ability to deliver solutions effectively which align to approved design patterns and security standards
- Demonstrable risk management knowledge
- Good leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in an agile environment with global teams, cross functional teams, and DevOps teams to provide Google specific capability skills required to deliver the service
- Have excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Good track record in working on the delivery of complex projects preferably under DevOps and Agile model in matrix structured organization
- Keen problem solving skills with Analytical and Creativity. Ability to quickly acquire new skills, explore and implement new and emerging technologies
- Good command of written and spoken English & Cantonese; Mandarin is a plus
- Able to work at flexible hour to work with colleagues in various time zones
- Experience to operate in highly regulated industry such as Financial Service
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for junior role.)
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.