Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Electronic Trading Engineer. Principal Responsibilities
Purpose of the Job: Based in Hong Kong, the candidate will work as part of a collaborative, global team building and improving HSBC’s next-generation, in-house electronic trading platform. As an experienced member of the engineering team, the candidate will also work closely with the front-office trading and product teams to ensure that business requirements are understood fully and delivered on time.
- Building scalalable and highly-available electronic trading capabilities across Asia
- Making strategic decisions that affect the design and architecture of this platform
- Working closely with the front-office trading and product teams to ensure fast and accurate delivery of new functionality and improvements
- Liasing with local compliance and other risk/control teams to ensure full compliance with the letter and spirit of all relevant regulatory guidelines and requirements
- Constant communication with the larger global team: collaborative development, reviews and strategic decision making
The successful candidate will:
- Have expert-level, applied Java experience including the JVM, garbage collection, data structures and non-blocking IO
- Have solid, applied experience with Scala development (or be willing to learn fast)
- Posses deep knowledge of equities trading including the order lifecycle, FIX messaging and Asian markets
- Understand the design and architecture of robust, scalalable and highly available distributed trading platforms
- Be a passionate advocate for technology, technological solutions and continuous improvement
- Understand risk, risk management and the role technology plays in this highly regulated environment
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and an excellent communicator
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS (Experience, skills, competencies etc)
Prerence will be given to candidates who posses some, or all, of the experience and skills below:
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Hands-on experience with algorithmic trading and low-latency (sub-micro) execution platforms
- Zero GC architectures
- Micro benchmarking
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Knowledge of PTP and packet capture based latency monitoring
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.