Job description Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Human Resources leads the implementation of the Group’s people strategy in line with business objectives. It facilitates talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward, learning and development, resourcing and engagement.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Employee Relations Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and advice on matters relating to ER or can give rise to ER implications including, workplace conflicts, grievances, performance appraisal disputes, absence management, disciplinary actions, consequence management, exit management and business restructuring
- Lead and manage internal investigations on matters arising from personal misconduct, employee grievances, and other workplace issues
- Lead and handle cases involving government bodies and regulators such as the Labour Department, Labour Tribunal and Equal Opportunity Commissions etc. and to represent the Bank in liaising with these organizations
- Manage prolonged medical cases and deceased cases
- Oversee employee compensation cases
- Oversee and manage ER related policies
- Participate in HR projects as required
- Oversee and manage employment contracts
- Provide reporting and analysis of HR data for policy and control improvements
- Provide coaching and training to HR on ER related matters
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills combined with influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure within demanding and changing timescales and deadlines
- Able to rapidly develop a detailed knowledge customer contact practices and procedures
- Strong understanding of the principles of employee relations
- Strict adherence to the requirements of confidentiality, discretion and integrity
- Previous experience in a HR or ER environment would be an advantage
- Chinese language skills would be an advantage but not a must
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.