Senior Engineering Manager - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Engineering Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Establish and maintain the community of Android or iOS engineers across the Mobile team and HSBC
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the Android or iOS engineering community
- Participate in broader discussions about mobile software architecture
- Working closely with analysts and tech leads to elaborate requirements
- Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the whole development lifecycle
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the code and processes is vital
- Ensuring that technical decisions and information is communicated through the global team
- Contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps
- Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelor or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Native mobile app development experience in Swift and Kotlin
- Solid understanding on different mobile app architectures and design patterns
- Experience as Lead or Senior Android or iOS Engineer in a large scale mobile engineering environment
- Experience in RESTful API development and cloud technologies, for example AWS, GCP are an advantage
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills while working with engineers
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and DevOps environment
- Track record of identifying and implementing opportunities to enable Android or iOS engineers to develop more productively and with high quality
- Experience collaborating effectively across multiple engineering centers in multiple territories
- Great, positive attitude, social personality and a true team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Problem solving aptitude
- Influence and champion new ideas and methods
- Methodical and with attention to detail
- Comfortable challenging peers and senior personnel in a positive way to improve possible outcomes
- Tenacity to cut through protracted governance and process
- Be culturally aware and sensitive
- Be flexible under pressure
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.