Senior Full Stack Engineer - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Full Stack Engineer
. Principal responsibilities
- The Senior Full stack Engineer is well versed in front end development, back end development, databases, application development, UI or UX design
- The Full stack Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of IT systems, prepare detailed specifications and requirements, deliver designs into robust and scalable solutions
- Accountable for ensuring the design of the product solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities
- Work with development teams closely and ensure completion of documentation for system test cases, system support guideline, system specifications, implementation checklist with quality
- Ensure a high quality and robustness of HSBC IT systems
- Maintain close communication with Business users, Operations and IT teams and coordinate IT related stakeholder activities
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A university graduate with degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Proven IT working experience on application development, preferably in an enterprise or a global environment
- Experience working in a DevOps focused environment and working in an Agile Team
- Business and technical knowledge on banking system would be an advantage
- Familiarity with the HSBC standards and processes would be useful
- Production Support experience on banking systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge in Cloud platform would be an advantage
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with good command of written and spoken English would be an advantage
- Occasion travel to our development center in China is required and proficiency in Mandarin would be an advantage
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.