Our client is a leading provider of alternative investment services and is one of the largest fund administration businesses globally. As part of their rapid expansion, they are currently looking to hire a Senior Hedge Fund Accountant to join their team. Excellent career progression.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate to complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation (“ME pack”) fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Prepare year end audit financial statements and audit packs
- Answer ad-hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics or professional accounting designation, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting for the financial services sector, particularly Hedge Funds, or Fund Administration.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with Advent Geneva preferred
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
- A motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines