Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Retail Distribution
Hang Seng's Retail Distribution focuses on personal wealth management and financial services. Our one-stop wealth management initiatives are designed for both our affluent and mass integrated account customers. With more than 290 branches and automated banking centres, including around 60 Prestige Banking Centres for our high-end personal customers, we serve over half of the adult population in Hong Kong while offering an extensive range of products to our valued customers.
Primary location shows in a job posting does not refer to work location, the branch placement is subject to the final decision by RSS Management
We are currently seeking a high-calibre professional to join our team as Senior General Banking Manager
Our employees are the most valuable resources in the bank. We are committed to providing you with the optimal workplace experience. Here is a taste of what we have on offer:
- Attractive basic salary
- Healthcare insurance coverage including yourself and your family
- Retirement benefit scheme with employer's contribution
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance: 24 days paid annual leave plus other categories of leave entitlements e.g. birthday, marriage, maternity and paternity, study, volunteer work
- Preferential interest rate for staff housing loan of up to 120% of property valuation or purchase price
- Recognizable corporate training and development program
- Progressive career advancement opportunities
- Promote insurance and banking products for optimizing new business opportunities
- Handle customer enquiries and deliver quality services to customers to build and maintain good relationships
- Participate in marketing activities to solicit new business
- Maintain awareness of operational risks and adhere to relevant policies and guidelines
"If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details." Work location will be subject to change and to be decided by Line Management upon joining
- University degree / Associate degree / HKCEE / HKDSE holders with passes in the Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examinations papers 1, 2, 3
- Around 2 years direct sales experience in banking industry or any financial services firm, including insurance or independent financial advisory
- Strong service and sales orientation, with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua an advantage
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
- Ability to manage complex interactions effectively
- Shown strong situation awareness, s trong desire to learn and able to work in Agile environment
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as General Banking Manager
To apply, please read carefully the ' Note on Collection of Personal Data and Information ' available in the careers page of our Hang Seng website : www.hangseng.com and submit your online application by clicking "Apply Now". You can also visit our website for further details about career opportunities with the Bank. Applicants who are not contacted within one month may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.