Senior Group Financial Reporting Manager - Global Finance
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Group Financial Reporting Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- This is a leadership role in the ongoing assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of key SOX controls associated with the IFRS 9 process in HSBC.
- This includes liaising with and reporting to multiple senior stakeholders in the region, addressing emerging issues and coordinating multi functional responses.
- Operational experience of key SOX controls relevant to the IFRS 9 process in the region is required in addition to ongoing assessment of the operating design and effectiveness of controls relevant to IFRS 9 reporting.
- This role will have regional leadership over the effectiveness of control designs to support country teams in achieving the optimal outcomes and will have primary responsibility for senior stakeholder management in Finance, Risk and related functions in relation to IFRS 9 controls.
- Drive a consistent understanding across all Finance parties including Group, Region and Country, balancing the need to provide a coherent aggregated plan which meetings the requirements of specific business heads.
- Leadership in the establishment of effective and productive relationships with the GFC team, looking for opportunities to offshore and ensuring prioritization to only business value supporting analysis.
- Take personal responsibility for the team development, investing time to develop team members in both Hong Kong and overseas.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University level degree in a finance or a related discipline
- Proven track record in finance business support with practical experience and knowledge of the finance and controls.
- Pragmatic and flexible mindset to identify optimal solutions to ad hoc challenges
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of stakeholders
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.