Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Insurance Proposition and Planning Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Support Hang Seng Insurance Chief Executive in planning, driving and coordinating strategic imperatives to maximize performance of the Hong Kong insurance business
- Shape the longer-term agenda for GBA insurance through strategic analysis of key industry trends, competitive environment, material opportunities and resource allocation
- Propose and develop effective initiatives, offerings, cross border collaboration for GBA segment, to deliver the insurance business growth targets on customers and product sales in GBA
- Perform insurance cross border business planning including financial, technological, resources planning and costs management
- GBA progressing insurance business development opportunities and identification of strategic partnerships
- High awareness and responsibility to mitigate risks related to cross-border client segment
- Coordinate closely with Hong Kong businesses and functions, along with the GBA to align strategic priorities and implementation
- University degree in a business-related discipline;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in banking/Insurance, with experience in GBA market / cross border
- Leadership/management experience required
- Good understanding of GBA development, cross-border business and regulations
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including ability to concisely, accurately and effectively structure and communicate both content and message with limited guidance
- Language skills preferred: English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Ability and drive to deliver high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Business travel required
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.