Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Investments and Wealth Solutions - Investment Advisory Department
Hang Seng's Investments and Wealth Solutions offers a full spectrum of investment products and services to our Wealth and Personal Banking customers, from high-net-worth to mass segments across channels. We distribute investment funds managed by top tier fund managers covering different types of funds, across regions and asset classes. A wide range of structured products with underlying linked to equities, FX rates, interest rates, investment funds, etc. are offered for investors to pursue different investment objectives. We also offer fixed income instruments and certificates of deposit to customers who look for regular coupon payment. Besides, we have securities services covering exchange traded equities in local and overseas markets offered through a wide variety of trading channels. Margin trading services covering FX and securities, and investment financing service provides extra liquidity and purchasing power to cater for investment needs from sophisticated investors.
We are seeking a high caliber to join us as Senior Investment Markets Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Providing daily global markets commentaries and advisory services for Private Banking, Wealth and Personal Banking units and Corporate Wealth Management
- Conduct global market research and assess the suitability of various investment products for recommendation to meet customer needs
- Lead a team to provide timely views and comments on equities/global markets, encouraging good communications amongst all levels of staff, coaching, counseling, identifying and addressing development needs of subordinates
- Assist the department head in managing the team, monitoring team members' performance and work quality, provide training to team members
- Participate in the development and implementation of initiatives related to the compliance, systems and procedures for the investment advisory function
- Keep abreast of the market practice and the latest development of investment markets
- University degree with major in Finance or other relevant qualifications, with passes in the Hong Kong Securities Institute Licensing Examinations, CFA is a plus.
- Over 10 years' experience in investment advisory service or private banking, with good knowledge of global / local markets and investment products
- Fulfilment of the competency requirements to carry out relevant regulated activities as defined under the Securities and Futures Ordinance
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Proficiency in both written English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.