Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration. Senior KYC Analyst - Hong Kong Responsibilities:
- Safeguarding Ebury, our existing Clients and prospective Client relationships from financial crime risk - including money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, fraud, sanctions risk, tax evasion and reputational risk
- Performing anti-financial crime checks as part of the Ebury Onboarding process for corporate clients in compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory and internal requirements
- Comprehensive CDD and EDD checks for corporate clients, including the KYC process, identification and analysis of complex ownership structures, financial statements and transaction patterns
- CDD/EDD analysis across all types of legal entities and business sectors in a variety of jurisdictions with an emphasis on local clients
- Direct contact with clients
- Presentation of Ebury's onboarding requirements to clients in a clear and compliant manner
- Identification of red flags and exposure to financial crime risk, including escalation to Compliance and Senior Management where required
- Making risk-based decisions to onboard or reject applications
- Efficient management of a personal portfolio of onboarding cases
- Proactive follow-up with clients and sales representatives to ensure timely completion of onboarding analysis
- Documenting client files in a structured format compliant with internal requirements
- Identifying opportunities for improvement within the onboarding process
- Assist in preparation and management of data and information required for internal and external audits
- Support ad-hoc projects within the department and wider business as required
- Validation of checks carried out by other members of the team
- Support in training delivery
- Supporting the Supervisor with team management responsibilities
About Us Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting CDD and EDD with corporate clients
- Fluent in Mandarin, English and Cantonese
- Advanced knowledge of red flags and financial crime typologies relevant to the payments and FX space
- Proactive, with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective critical thinking skills, with the ability to find solutions to problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal including working alongside the Front Office
- Co-operative, and comfortable working in a team environment, including remote teams
- Curious and engaged, who takes ownership of their own learning journey by asking questions and seeking out new information
- Adaptable, with the ability to cope with changing products, processes and procedures
- Motivated and driven, with a desire to make Ebury a success
- Experience of direct client contact within financial services is a plus
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.