Our client is one of the leading insurer in Hong Kong, they provide comprehensive range of financial services to the customers. They are looking for a sole legal counsel for the business and report to the compliance team lead. The role will have great exposure of the overall business and great opportunities to work with the senior stakeholders from the legal perspective.
- Provide legal advice on all relevant legal matters to all levels of the Company with a focus on insurance law, general company and business law, intellectual property law and data privacy related areas etc.
- Draft and review contractual documentation including but not limited to general commercial agreements, partnership and intermediary agreements, insurance policy provisions and others.
- Manage and oversee litigation matters and make appropriate advice to minimize legal risk exposures and actions.
- Conduct due diligence of the company.
- Work closely with and provide guidance to other team members to ensure the requirements of Companies Ordinance and Insurance Ordinance, investment linked scheme-related guidelines issued by the Insurance Authority and the SFC are complied.
- Ensure the relevant internal legal and intellectual property policy of the Company is complied.
- Provide quality interpretation of consultative and other documents issued by legislative and regulatory bodies by analyzing impact on the Company's business and preparing responses for issuance externally.
- Qualified solicitor admitted in Hong Kong, with PCLL qualification
- Minimum of 10 years PQE with relevant working experience in insurance companies
- Held similar position in an in-house environment or private practise with insurance focus
- Experience in negotiating and completing supplier and other third party commercial agreements
- Hands-on experience in drafting and reviewing of insurance policy provisions and commenting marketing literatures for insurance products
- Hands-on experience dealing with the Insurance Authority, the Securities & Futures Commission and legal enforcement bodies
- A team player, able to communicate legal issues clearly to the stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS applications including Chinese Word Processing
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin