They are expanding their legal and compliance team, they would like to invite an experienced senior legal counsel to join their legal team in Hong Kong. Hong Kong qualified lawyer is a must and Chinese language(Written and Spoken) is essential for this role.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents, including product documents, investment and commercial contracts
- Provide legal advice to all business units and departments of the Company
- Analyze and provide legal advise on the new or changes in existing legislation, rules, regulations, guidelines and others
- Review and update policies and procedures, manuals and guidelines
- Manage and supervise the Legal team and oversight the company secretarial works
- Liaise with and instruct external lawyers on a wide range of legal and compliance issues. Monitor quality of legal services provided by external lawyers
- Handle any other legal-related responsibilities and ad-hoc assignments
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer with at least 10 years post qualification experience in and from top leading wealth management companies is highly preferred. Having equivalent working experience in other financial institutions will also be considered.
- Familiar with Insurance Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Strong analytical and legal research skills
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team player