Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel
. Principal responsibilities
- The Global Internal Investigations Group is a function within Group Legal responsible for the investigation of all allegations or incidents involving impropriety or possible breaches in law, regulation or policy that pose significant legal, regulatory and or reputational risk to the Group or its affiliates. These significant internal investigations are subject to attorney client privilege and work product protections
- Conduct internal investigations under the supervision of the Co Heads of Global Internal Investigations and Regional Head of Global Internal Investigations Asia Pacific
- Lead investigations from planning to reporting, and will require a hands-on approach to evidence gathering, review, interviews and report writing
- Provide legal advice, guidance and support on a variety of internal investigations to ensure that the Group's exposure to legal risk is managed
- Provide prompt, commercial, practical legal advice in connection with internal investigation
- Be proactive in the provision of legal support and in advising the business promptly of material legal developments and their implications
- Ensure legal management is fully briefed on major issues arising in relevant business area and major legislative changes in area of expertise
- Liaise with panel law firms and other appropriate external parties
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified Lawyer
- Knowledge and experience in banking or financial crime related internal investigation is essential preferably with Hong Kong or common law jurisdiction experience
- Experience in contentious regulatory matters is an advantage
- Chinese speaking and writing ability is preferred
- Wide knowledge and experience of banking, corporate and securities law concepts and a working knowledge of the laws in the major jurisdictions in which HSBC operates
- Corporate experience and Compliance experience an advantage, but not essential
- Knowledge of the HSBC Group corporate structures, its business and personnel and a clear understanding of HSBC's corporate culture
- Ability to prioritise
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.