- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Hays Legal Hong Kong
- 15 Nov 18
- Hong Kong
- Full time
Senior Legal Counsel, Australian Bank, APAC Coverage
Excellent in-house legal banking role, open to a variety of banking related lawyers
This is a role for a senior lawyer within the Markets Legal Team in Asia. The lawyer will be primarily responsible for providing transactional, advisory and regulatory support to the Markets business in Asia within the Institutional Banking division of the Bank.
- Assist in the revenue growth of the Business through provision of transactional and advisory support provided to the Business.
- Seek continuous improvement for documentation process
- Manage the use of external legal services to ensure legal requirements are met
- Provide the Business with strategic and legal advice and to ensure that the Business is aware of the legal risks involved in their transactions.
- Ensure that the Business needs, priority of negotiations and overall commercial context of transactions are taken into account when providing markets documentation services.
- Comply with relevant processes, policies and procedures including policies relating to markets.
- Contribute to simplification and increased efficiency of the markets documentation processes.
- Identify key documentation or processes that require review (legal/regulatory/customer experience) and implement required changes to deliver superior markets documentation services.
Risk & Compliance
- Understand and comply with all policies and procedures relating to risk and compliance.
- Develop strong awareness of risk issues for the Business and escalate risk issues as required.
- Understand new legislative and regulatory developments which have the potential to impact markets documentation and follow relevant processes to ensure compliance with new legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 8 years banking documentation experience.
- Relevant experience: Negotiating and advising on markets products across FX, Rates, Credit and Equities. Familiarity with drafting and negotiating OTC markets documentation including ISDAs, CSAs and GMRAs and note documentation.
- Ability to read and draft documentation in Mandarin and to interact with key stakeholders in Mandarin is preferred.
- Strong experience in advising on markets documentation in a fast paced growth environment. Strong understanding of the financial markets environment, relevant markets documentation, compliance and risk issues and products.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels including senior management.
- Confidence in providing accurate and effective legal documentation advice to all relevant internal stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered a competitive salary plus discretionary bonus and the chance to work directly with the Head of Legal who is based in Singapore. Your new line manager is someone we know very well and have nothing but great things to say about him. Training will be offered as part of the on boarding process to help support you to effectively and quickly get started and maximize your performance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.