Hong Kong (Superb role!)
Your new company
Our client is a Global Financial Institution here in Hong Kong and because of the growth of its business; they have a new vacancy in their Securities Services Legal department. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal advice and support to the management for their securities services division across the Group's global network.
Strategy and Leadership
- Assist in the management of SS -related Legal matters across the Group's global network, with overall responsibility for providing legal advice, guidance and support to stakeholders across the Group on SS related Legal matters.
- Maintain close relationships with stakeholders including SS business and product heads, in order to provide them with relevant legal advice, guidance and support. Help other lawyers in Legal supporting SS to interface with and support such stakeholders.
- Assist in the promotion of a culture and practice of compliance with legal standards (including conducting business within legal and regulatory requirements, with high ethical standards) within the Group.
Product Advisory and Transactional Support
- Provide proactive SS-related legal advice and product legal advice to the business, including collaborating with the relevant regional and/or country Legal to provide seamless legal support to the SS business.
- Act as lead lawyer for complex SS transactions, collaborating with the relevant regional and/or country Legal to provide seamless support to the business.
- Work with Product, the Global Head of Legal, Securities Services & Corporate Agency and Trust and other stakeholders to structure and define parameters for new products and initiatives and develop template legal documentation.
- Ensure that global and domestic legal template documents are fit for purposes and promote standardization across the Group.
- Assist the Global Head of Legal, Securities Services in representing Legal in the governance of SS-related issues.
- Assist the Global Head of Legal, Securities Services in developing appropriate legal policies and procedures or minimum documentation standards.
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor/attorney or barrister/advocate.
- Experience of managing SS-related legal matters in private practice or in-house which include any of the following custody (global custody, direct custody, CASS rules, MIFID II, RG133, SFC Client Securities Rules, 15c33, 17f5), agency securities lending, funds work (in particular experience in supporting fiduciary services i.e. fund custodian, bank supervisory, depositary, trustee etc), fund administration, fund accounting, performance management, middle office outsourcing for broker dealers, middle office outsourcing for fund managers, account operator, third party clearing), reviewing legal opinions from the association of global custodians etc
- Substantial legal experience in one or more of the SS product areas.
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strategic vision for the SS Legal team.
- Understanding of risk management techniques.
- Sound judgment of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction at senior levels of the business and the Group, and with external stakeholders.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]