Senior Manager/Manager, Finance
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Finance operations - ensure accuracy and completeness of premium receipt, policy payment, and operating expense transactions
- Reporting duties - review month end journals, reports and schedules
- Internal control - assess and uphold internal control procedures
- Process improvement - monitor and review the procedures and operational flows
- Project engagement - drive and handle premium receipt and payment related projects
- People management - lead a vibrant team of 7 people
- Ad-hoc assignments - delegated by the manager when required
- Degree holder with major in accounting or finance or business management
- At least 10 years of experience in accounting or audit field
- Sound technical knowledge on accounting with a professional qualification, such as HKICPA or equivalent
- Life insurance work experience with thorough knowledge of the business and understanding of operating procedures is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, subordinates, peers as well as other outside parties. Good command of spoken and written English
- Able to establish new ideas and solutions to ensure problems are resolved, and exercise speedy judgment on operational decisions
- Strong career/work commitments towards success
- Work well within the department and with other stakeholders in the Company as a team
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.