Senior Manager - FS Advisory - Management Consulting - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Finance Management Level
Senior Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. Job Description
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. About the team
Our management consulting team, through our diversified strengths in consulting, analytics and technical skills, assists clients in transformational changes on their business model, including but not limited to process reengineering, business analytics, management consulting, digital transformation along with project management and general advisory services.
Our team is aspired to advise on business, priorities and project agenda with ability to support management decision-making and corporate strategy. With a balance between conventional consulting capabilities and our deployments in data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities, we serve our clients with personalized solutions to strengthen their position in the market landscape. The unique and ingenious resources our team provides have proven expertise and deliver a hands-on approach to business problems.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
An ideal candidate possesses:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas, including but not limited to, emerging technologies, financial analysis, finance consulting, management consulting, people & organization consulting, HR consulting with knowledge in peer practices and industry trends
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor's or above with more than 8 years in a Big 4 consulting firm / relevant industry experience (Banking, Insurance, Wealth Management, Capital Markets, etc.)
- Strong business acumen, with experience in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Business analytics
- Machine learning
- Management consulting
- Digital transformation
- Process reengineering and improvement
- Digital application workflows
- Project management
- Knowledge in one or more of the followings would be an advantage
- Actuarial concepts and disciplines
- Financial analysis and business controlling
- Human resources management
- Accounting and financial management concepts and disciplines
- User experience and interface design (UX/UI)
- Data analytics software (e.g. Power BI, Alteryx, SAP, Tableau etc.)
- Entrepreneurial personality with the ability to solve problems independently
- Possess strong eagerness to learn with the ability to develop thought leadership and deliver solutions for clients.
- Proven experience in delivering business transformation projects and programs.
- Ability to direct high-performing teams across the organization through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrate strong managerial mindset and willing to work with high performing individuals and clients from all backgrounds
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Proven analytical background with advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel will be a plus.
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required Skills Optional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date