Senior Manager - Finance - Banking & Capital Management - FS Advisory - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Application & Emerging Technology Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Many finance organisations today are hindered by the complexity of disparate operations and systems, and also varied management processes and controls. Our BCM and Finance competency team can provide multiple operable solutions to help clients improve the capability of key deals management and financial reporting, also strengthen the capability of supporting management decisions and the company strategy. We bring in-depth knowledge in the following fields:
•\tSystems implementation and enhnacements
•\tShared service centres
•\tBudgeting & Forecasting
•\tProcess standardization & simplification
•\tTreasury & cash management
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
You would be expected to participate in the active growth of our BCM and Finance Consulting Practice. You will be working closely with clients to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their finance operations including:
- BCM / Finance processes and systems;
- Process re-engineering;
- Budgeting / forecasting and business case development;
- Finance function due diligence;
- Company-wide merger integration and/or divestiture;
- Data management / analytics;
- System implementation and enhancements
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor Degree holder of Finance/Accounting/Engineering related studies;
- Experiences preferably gained in large scale corporations, and/or in key industries within the local market such as Financial Services, properties, etc.;
- Candidates with consulting experience would be given priority;
- Experienced in execution and/or re-engineering of financial processes such as management reporting, budgeting, costing, AP and AR;
- Experienced in the operations, implementation or as a "super-user" of accounting / ERP systems;
- Assisted with company-wide merger integration and/or divestiture efforts;
- Worked directly with senior management and employees throughout client organizations;
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving capabilities;
- A proven ability to translate client objectives into deliverable design, and develop deliverables that address complex situations;
- Group facilitation and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in English and Cantonese is essential, and proficiency in mandarin is a plus.
In addition, candidates should illustrate the following personal attributes:
- Demonstrates courage and integrity
- Acquires and applies commercial and technical expertise by staying up to date in industry and with market trends
- Manages projects and economics efficiently; planning and performing work in accordance with client requirements and professional standards
- Open minded, agile with change and practical
- Committed to self develop and coaching of others for growth
- Communicates with impact and empathy
- Actively shares ideas and knowledge and is innovative
- Lead and contribute to team success
- Is passionate about client service
- Works hard to build and sustain relationships
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date