Senior Manager, Audit Services Asia
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our staff with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife HK Regional Office is seeking a Senior Manager - Audit Services Asia , who is accountable for delivering audit projects as part of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based internal audit practice. Possible projects mainly focus on integrated or stand-alone Project & Program, Global Procurement, Global Resourcing, Human Resources, and Global Marketing audits channels. What motivates you?
• You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
• You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
• You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
• You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
• You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
• You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone We are looking for someone with:
• Exceptional communications skills and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to effectively deliver key messages verbally and in writing and to listen and consider various perspectives; confident presentation and facilitation skills and strong interpersonal and leadership skills to facilitate working with senior management up to VP levels;
• Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience, plus a recognized auditing designation (e.g. CA, CPA, CIA), or a recognized project management designation (e.g. PMP). IT auditing or security designations (e.g. CISA, CISSP) would be considered an asset;
• Experiences in auditing any or a combination of procurement or outsourcing arrangements, global shared service centers, human resources, marketing and project implementation would be considered an asset;
• Experience working in a client-facing, matrix, a project-based organization is preferred; typically gained through a prior audit, advisory, consulting, or public accounting experience in a "Big Four" or other professional services firm, or other large organizations;
• Ability to quickly understand business processes and risks, identify key controls, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, make value-added and practical recommendations and influence management to take appropriate actions on recommendations;
• In-depth knowledge of audit methodologies, project management, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements; excellent working knowledge of risks affecting financial institutions and the insurance industry;
• Results-oriented with a keen focus on quality and delivering value; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects; strong attention to detail while retaining focus on the "big picture" and top risks; flexible and organized with the ability to oversee multiple projects concurrently;
• Excellent influencing, relationship building and negotiation skills; professional presence, ability to navigate a matrix environment and influence across different areas and levels of management both in Audit Services and the business;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse environments and cultures over multiple office locations;
• Ability to identify opportunities to utilize data analytics for enhanced depth and breadth of audit coverage;
• Highest level of integrity accompanied by strong ethical principles. On the job you will:
• Plan and execute operational audits, project implementation audits and special audit projects to objectively evaluate the effectiveness of key controls and adequacy of risk management practices; collaborating with management to obtain a consensus on establishing the problem, risks exposure; produce meaningful audit reports that clearly articulate the position on risks and related issues, while meeting Audit Services operational targets related to budget, timeline and quality of execution;
• Develop standard audit programs, function as subject matter experts (SMEs) and provide guidance/training to broader Asia audit teams on Global Resourcing, Global Procurement, Human Resources, Global Marketing and project implementation audits;
• Analyze Asia audit coverage over the above operational areas and project implementation audits, while assist in developing audit coverage strategies and make recommendations to Audit management;
• Perform global/cross-functional audits in partnership with groups across Audit Services to provide comprehensive reporting on risks that could prevent the achievement of management's objectives;
• Provide management with timely recommendations that reduce risk, help them run their business better, make strategic and operational decisions, and oversee the management of risks and controls.
• Managing and communicating expectations regarding work deadlines and deliverables;
• Providing relevant stakeholders with an overview of audit work and commentary on the control environment, including trends and emerging issues that could impact the Company
• Key contact for Asia regional and market-level stakeholders; collaborate effectively with stakeholders in first and second line of defense to execute on deliverables;
• Establishing a high level of credibility and building professional relationships with stakeholders responsible for the above operational areas and project audits globally. Our commitment to you
• Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
• A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
• A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
• Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .