Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
- Business Banking
Hang Seng's Commercial Banking business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Manager, CDD Approval.
- Lead and steer a team of CDD Approval Managers in reviewing and providing approval on periodic and material trigger CDD reviews for BBD portfolio-managed segment by ensuring all customers' CDD record comply with the Group and the Bank's policy, procedures and appetites. This is achieved through ensuring any potential financial crime red flags identified in the CDD profiles are explained and addressed, conducting online searches, discussion with case management team, etc.
- Manage the risk profiles for BBD portfolio-managed segment, balancing risk management, business need as well as operational efficiency, through participating in ongoing review and discussion of CDD LoB procedures, documentation, staying alert and escalating any control gaps identified, and providing expert advice.
- Ensure quality business referrals to appropriate parties in Hang Seng, in strict compliance with all internal and external regulations and policies when available
- Ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements
- University degree in Finance and Accounting, Finance, Economics, Banking, Business Management and related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in the banking industry with focus on commercial banking and good understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC) regulatory requirements on corporate customers. Portfolio management experience in commercial banking is an advantage
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
- Ability to lead and motivate other managers and staff on a cross functional basis
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Skilled decision-maker, making considered and timely decisions particularly when under pressure
- Strong analytic, judgmental and decision making skills sufficient to identify and resolve problems while maintaining time scales and quality of output
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.