The Role Responsibilities
- To handle Wealth Management & Insurance related written/ verbal complaints; ensure timely investigation/ resolution according to pre-defined standards, proper case resolution and case closure, and timely logging in the system for clear and complete record purposes.
- Identify potential threats, frauds and high impact/ high risk cases that require immediate rectification/ improvement and ensure that they are timely escalated to the relevant parties for actions and/ or follow-up actions.
- Identify business/ improvement opportunities, escalate to relevant parties and assist with the design of preventive measures as appropriate.
- To raise alert if similar complaints repeat significantly and/ or suggest a developing trend or ineffectiveness of previous preventive actions.
- To ensure self-compliance and guide team members to comply with internal policies and external regulations.
- To work closely with key stakeholders and maintain good working relationship.
To assist the team head in managing complaints.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure all complaints have gone through proper and appropriate level of investigation, analysis, escalation and reflection, and if possible, rectification by applying the available resources / authority.
- Ensure premium service is provided to complainants in the following areas: Ease of contact, Sincere and professional attitude, Prompt acknowledgment and reply (in accordance with Regulator's requirement and pre-defined Service Standards), Proper handling (e.g. offering reasonable and effective resolution) and Clear communication.
- Ensure that the resolution, which can be an apology and/or explanation and/or compensation, is appropriate to clients. At the same time, censor all responses/ letters to clients, ensuring that the relevant complaint issues are addressed and the letter contents comply with relevant criteria for the safeguarding of the Bank's interests.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Client Experience Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Compliance, Product / Segment / Channel Team, Operational Risk Management, Complaint Hotline, Conduct Team, Governance Team.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- At least 5 years of work experience in the complaint handling field in any sizable financial institutions.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Manager
- Sound knowledge in the Retail Banking Wealth Management & Insurance products.
- Proven track record in handling adverse customer feedback
- Fluency in written and verbal Chinese and Business Communication
- Strong commitment, proactive and with a positive mindset
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and get to the bottom of the issue
- Demonstrate servicing mindset.
About Standard Chartered
- Complaint Case Handling
- Telephone complaint handling skills
- Complaint reply writing skills
- Coaching and training skills
- People Management
- Solid Product & Process Knowledge for Retail Banking Products
- Servicing Mindset
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers