Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Manager, Climate Risk Independent Model Review.
- Independent Model Review (IMR), is a specialist quantitative team and are responsible for carrying out independent validations of HSBC’s new and existing business use of quantitative models, to identify and communicate model risk
- Independently reviewing and (re)validating models and methodologies across regions, businesses, functions and risk types within the bank, including Retail and Wholesale Credit, Traded Risk, Global Banking & Markets, Financial Vulnerability, Finance, Stress Testing, Wealth, Insurance & Pensions
- Providing model users, senior management, audit & regulators (across 1LOD, 2LOD, 3LOD) with confidence that the models and tools developed, maintained and used within the Group are compliant with internal and regulatory expectations and fit for the intended purpose
- Liaising with 1LOD and other model stakeholders as appropriate to ensure model reviews and model findings are adequately resolved
- Maintaining sufficient rigor, challenge and consistency of model reviews, assuring quality through quality assurance reviews focusing on quality, presentation and consistency of Independent Model Review reports
- Communicating across technical quantitative, business and strategic levels to ensure that stakeholders understand the implications of the firm’s model choices
- Ensuring that the models and methodologies are assessed against methodological frameworks underpinning the group’s risk measurement and management initiatives
- Ensuring through independent assessment and validation that the models operate within regulatory boundaries
- Ensuring enterprise wide risk model review policies and standards are communicated, understood and embedded by stakeholders
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis models, Traded Risk and Pricing Models, Global Markets Trading & Hedging models, Asset Liability Models, etc
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical model and scorecard development techniques
- Detailed knowledge of Risk models, performance metrics and risks and associated issues
- Detailed knowledge of internal procedures and local regulations and those of other country regulators
- Experience with some statistical modelling software / programming language e.g. SAS, Python, R, Matlab, C++, VBA
- Experience of developing and reviewing models throughout the customer lifecycle
- Experience of presenting recommendations to Senior Management
- Experience of conducting independent model reviews
- Ability to present complex statistical concepts and results to non-technical audiences in a persuasive and compelling manner
- Team-oriented mentality combined with ability to complete tasks independently to a high quality standard
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline like Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Economics or Engineering
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.