Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Enterprise Risk Management
- Facilitate the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management ("ERM") Framework initiatives in SCBHK and its subsidiaries within the region, as adopted from SCB Group ERM;
- Ensure SCBHK (and its subsidiaries within the region)'s ERM satisfy the requirements under HKMA's Supervisory Policy Manual ("SPM") IC-1
- To drive consistency in the way the Bank identify and manage risk across all risk types.
- Support the Chief Risk Officer ("CRO") in the management of relationship and supervisory interface with regulators such as the HKMA;
- C onsolidate, review and challenge responses prepared by the Risk Function t o the regulator as appropriate;
- Tracking of major communications from the Risk team with the regulator and share such information to respective stakeholders;
· - Maintain good level of understanding of the latest regulatory requirements which are of relevance to the Risk function;
· - Support relevant Risk teams in the management of regulatory examination as appropriate;
· - Support the Risk teams in completion of Regulatory Projects such as BCBS239.
· - Secretariat to the Executive Risk Committee (this includes preparation of relevant risk paper, working on meeting agendas, collation and distribution of papers, attending meetings and preparing minutes and actions, and subsequently tracking actions to completion)
· - Support the operation of the Board Risk Committee
· - Support the output, validation, and revision of Risk Appetite Statement
· - Prepare/Collate specific papers required by the CRO for Risk governance meetings and SCBHK Board Meetings as required;
· - To track effectiveness of risk type framework approval process;
- To track and escalate issues, and undertake follow-up actions on Risk Governance administration on Risk Management Framework and related Risk Framework / policies.
· - Provide support in annual review of Risk Appetite Levels, Enterprise Stress testing exercise, model governance as appropriate
- Ensure the Bank's full compliance on Large exposure and connected lending as required under the Banking Ordinance.
- Ensure internal country cross border risk control mechanism is in place
· - Ensure a robust framework in place where credit approvals are carried out or oversighted by credit officers or committees with authorities delegated by the Board of SCBHK.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Un derstands complex interactions between economic and operational factors and their resulting impact to product, business line and financial results and position of the Bank;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various cross functional teams at all levels. Confidence in communication with senior management and in senior committees;
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and expectation
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving, working independently and attention to detail; Ability to use discretion and independent judgments. Ability to understand impacts of adverse economic and market scenarios;
- Ability to facilitate discussions and conduct working group meetings;
- Dedicated to information integrity and to producing high quality and insightful output and hitting deadlines where applicable; and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully and efficiently in a fast paced, regulatory driven environment. Experience & Qualifications
- Solid Banking experience
- Educated to degree level;
- Broad experience in Banking industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations in relation to Enterprise Risk Management and Risk Governance;
- Prior experience in Finance/Risk/Compliance/Audit/Governance
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.