About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
The Senior TA manager would be accountable for a portfolio of Recruitment for Managing Directors. Candidate is responsible to build market maps for regional coverage of identified markets and manage senior candidate pool through effective relationship management Strategy
- Be the main relationship holder within Talent Acquisition (TA) for designated hiring managers and executives, responsible for executing on Senior or Specialist hires for key stakeholders. This may include other key roles that are less senior in nature, but highly visible and of great importance to the overall business plan. By working alongside TA product counterparts in other parts of the globe, you will provide talent intelligence in order to drive business performance.
- Ensure that the Recruitment Product is delivered efficiently, providing outstanding customer experience to achieve hiring targets: (time, cost and quality standards).
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies, controls and standards
- Increase the profile of TA, developing a strong network of internal and external stakeholders (including senior managers in the business, HR, candidates, suppliers)
- Deliver high levels of sponsorship, engagement and collective understanding
- Increase stakeholder awareness of what TA offer and need in return
- Monitor and manage third party supplier performance against SLAs, driving performance and resolving issues
- Create close, collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders across HR (including generalists, operations, other product specialists, HR Change Management, HR Service Delivery, Analytics, Reward, Talent & Learning etc), who will provide key expertise and insights required to execute talent strategies for designated Business / Function
People and Talent
- Executing on the following - including (but not limited to):
- Business needs discussions; sourcing; selection, and delivering rigor and good decision making by following the Executive Hiring process;
- Executing international talent deployment activities (as applicable)
- Support the Country TA teams in their execution of hiring for designated Business / Function, playing an overall coordination and escalation role
- Increase direct sourcing, and lead global sourcing campaigns as required, establishing priorities, budgets and channels, and driving / monitoring progress
- Drive more diverse talent acquisition pools, and greater internal, cross functional and cross border talent moves
- Accountable for the quantity and quality of talent acquisition data held within internal databases for designated Business / Function
Risk Management & Governance
- Provide insights to drive and ensure relevant talent data is captured; leadership forecasting and benchmarking; labour market assessments, organisational profiling and competitor activity analysis, etc
- Accountable for ensuring that the internal Managing Director database is kept updated to facilitate quick and efficient-Internal Headhunting
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Use data and factual evidence to drive and underpin day-to-day actions and decision-making (including identifying opportunities for improvement and driving for gap resolutions)
- Overall accountability for ensuring disciplined adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures, limits and other control requirements for designated Business / Function
- All material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported (including emerging risks on the horizon)
- All key risk control standards are adhered to, with relevant plans in place
- Audits and peer reviews are appropriately managed and all applicable items are graded "acceptable" or "well controlled" (or the equivalent)
- Drive discipline and ensure exemplary team, hiring manager and supplier compliance to controls and standards including search firm / agency engagement; offer and hiring approvals; staff screening, brand governance process etc. Review non-compliant activity across designated Business / Function, building collective capability and understanding of the difference between errors of commission and omission
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global HR Business Partners
- MT Members
- Global Relationship Management Team S&SR
- International Mobility Team
- HR Operations Team
- Group PRB Business and Functional Heads
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Extensive senior hiring focused experience with full project life-cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working for a search firm coupled with in-house experience is preferred.
- Must have prior experience of recruiting at senior levels
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior level managers
- Extensive experience of recruitment at an operational and strategic level (in-house preferred, or search firm / consultancy)
- Knowledge and experience of HR information systems (PeopleSoft and/or Taleo preferred)
- Experience in and / or good general knowledge of the Financial Services industry and job market
- Working knowledge of the Bank's client groups, structure and operations
- Staffing, Hiring, Selection
- Collaborating Globally
- HR: Policies, Standards and Procedures
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers