Responsible for managing the procurement of IT products and services; contract and pricing liaison; and related IT asset and payment processes. Tracking and analyzing IT expenses to identify cost saving opportunity.
Responsible for managing the IT procurement function across the Bank with the following major responsibilities:-
- Sourcing and Procurement of IT Products and Services
- source the suitable IT products and suppliers, liaise the terms and pricing with suppliers in order to obtain the best and fair deal for the Bank
- manage the ordering and approval process aligning with the requirements of the designated authority
- support project team in the evaluation of solutions and service providers
- review quotations and service contracts to ensure the Bank’s rights and benefits are protected
- liaise corporate discount with suppliers whenever appropriate
- conduct vendor background review and due diligence checking when needed
- resolve any contractual dispute with service provider when arising
- IT Asset Management
- tracking and maintain of IT assets to ensure the accuracy
- handle the relevant IT asset booking
- management the renewal of maintenance contracts
- Procurement Procedure Establishment
- establish the necessary procedures in managing IT procurement, payment and asset management
- develop relevant templates, such as contract template, for IT procurement function
- Expense Management
- tracking and report project cost of initiatives
- tracking and analyzing IT expenses to identify cost saving opportunity
- improve cost efficiency by right sourcing
- ITD Budget Management
- assist IT Division Head to track IT budget to ensure no overrun of budget
- handle regular budget rolling forecast and make necessary accrual, if required
- coordinate among all IT functions to handle IT cost allocation
- University degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience in IT field; with over 5 years in banking IT.
- Solid experience in sourcing and procurement of IT products and services, including hardware, software license, maintenance services, professional services, system development services etc.
- Experience in managing IT project cost and operating cost will be at advantage
- Good knowledge on IT market, pricing and discount.
- Good negotiation skills and able to liaise firmly and fairly.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing service contracts.
- Able to work in an organized way, particularly on managing paper work.
- Strong communication skill both in Chinese and English.
- Good English writing ability.
- Mature and able to work under pressure.
- Good people skills to work with people at different job levels.