Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Manager, Insurance Business Planning and Performance. Principal Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and monitoring the process of Annual Operating Plan (AOP), CEO scorecard and business forecast as well as Annual Technology Plan (ATP) in collaboration with business and functional units to support business and profit growth.
- Analyze future strategic initiative feasibility, including relevant business case preparation, competitor market analysis and multi-faceted evaluation
- Work closely and communicate effectively with other key stakeholders within Hang Seng Insurance and WPB in the development and execution of the strategy for HK Insurance
- Oversee business performance including identifying opportunities and gaps, and developing business strategies
- To perform valid and reliable marketing research, SWOT analysis and formulates tailor-made strategy plans for different product lines
- To lead the team to prepare comprehensive AOP/ forecast/ strategic plan according to the company's strategic direction
- To run diagnosis and assessment activities, identify opportunities for improvement and conduct high-level cost/benefit analyses
- Identify key risks and issues across potential strategies and support the development of risk mitigation solutions workings with other key stakeholders within Hang Seng
- University degree in a business-related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience in insurance/ consulting/ marketing strategy roles in industry
- Possesses strong strategic orientation, ability to think critically, and evaluate impacts of plans
- Excellent quantitative skills to develop financial or operational models and supervise data analysis
- Outstanding written communication, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua an advantage
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.