Senior Manager, Investment Product, Asia
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description
The Asia Investment Product team is responsible for successfully developing and executing on investment product offerings across all lines of business. The team will leverage the global expertise of Manager Research, Investment Risk Oversight, and Public & Private Markets Product to manage product innovation, product creation, pricing, platform selection, as well as rationalization. The Asia Investment Product team will be accountable for product development and support to Manulife Asia's Retail, Private Banking, Institutional, Retirement and Insurance linked channels.
The key responsibility of this role is to ensure the smooth running of Governance committees (Regional and Global), project management as it relates to product and corporate initiatives, analysis to support product related / strategic initiatives and seek to enhance existing procedures (if possible, through automation).
The need to understand the domestic and cross border competitive landscape and business environment is highly important in addition to the regulatory landscape for HK domestic and cross broader products.
This role operates in a fast-paced environment and requires a highly motivated self-starter, who welcomes targets and accountability and is proactive in delivering superior products and service for customers.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Product Asia, the Senior Manager, will be responsible for the smooth running of the Asia Product Committee. the timely and accurate Production of the Regional Reporting (e.g. Regional Pipeline, Global Pipeline, Risk reporting), Chairing the Regulatory Filing Committee, conducting analysis and stress testing as required in addition Project Management of Fund and/ or share class launches and corporate /regulatory initiatives. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will: Product Governance (30%)
- Knowledge of product structures, in particular UCITS domiciled within Luxembourg, Cayman and Hong Kong jurisdictions and key product documentation.
- Strong understanding of investment products, including familiarity with various asset/fund types: equity, fixed income, property, cash and multi-asset.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of regulatory environment and authorized funds, including UCITS.
- Strong product governance/management experience in asset management
- Project management experience: excellent organizational and time management skills - ability to manage multiple projects.
- Good analytical skills with proven ability to contribute to mutual fund related research.
- Ability to utilize and articulate independent thought and judgment is highly valued.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with various internal and external parties
- Able to adapt to fast changing environment, organized and detailed-oriented.
- University graduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in Asset Management/Investment Fund industry, experience in product management would be advantageous
- Proficient in Excel and other investment industry standard data sources.
- Fluent in English, Chinese/ Mandarin an advantage.
Product Registration and Regulatory Filing (20%)
- Follow the established product governance procedures and policy, including any supporting documents and/or approvals, in order to efficiently run the Product Governance Committees.
- Maintain product approval timeline and coordinate the submission to Product Governance Committees
- Provide product governance support to Head of Investment Product, Asia
- Review country Business Case submissions and provide guidance to ensure that the submissions comply with the established product governance process and standard.
- Review submissions to Global Committees to ensure compliance with global standard.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Regional product pipeline & reporting to global function.
- Proactively engage stakeholders and enhance the Product Governance process given the dynamic and growing product needs.
- Preparation of product documentation for internal committees both for approval and ongoing update as well as expectation management.
- Chair the Feasibility meeting to ensure the thorough vetting of all initiatives by the respective functions, prior to submission to the Product Committees for Approval.
Product Implementation and Project Management (30%)
- To chair the Regulatory Product Filing Committee
- Prepare documents to support regulatory filings and disclosure in various jurisdictions
- Work with external service providers on the production of product documentation and updates of regulatory requirements on offering documents.
- Dissemination of product documentation to business channels and internal stakeholders
- Explore automation opportunities in relation to the preparation and customization of product documentation
Product Analytics (10%)
- Manage new fund launch projects and other fund related initiatives.
- Contribute to other corporate projects from a product perspective.
- Work with investment team, compliance, operations and distribution to refine product features.
- Develop understanding of regulatory environment that affects product development trends and competitive landscape.
- Co-ordination and implementation of on-going product range management and regulatory initiatives affecting product
Relationship Management (10%)
- Conduct fund data analytics and competitive analysis - research on competitors fund, research on fund industry trends in Asia as required
- Provide industry, product analysis to help formulate product ideas.
- Research alternative structures and provide analysis on product platforms/structures to support growth of WAM Asia.
- Provide technical support responding to product related enquiries from various areas of the business.
Our commitment to you
- To work closely with and maintain strong relationships with the business channels in the Asian region
- To provide ongoing support to Asian businesses ensuring there is a constant communication of information and advise on product-related matters.
- To maintain relationship with practitioners and service providers in investment management and keep abreast of industry best practices
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .