Our client is a reputable insurance company, and they are looking for a seasoned legal professional, who has a strong knowledge about the insurance industry, or have experience working in a law firm and covering a wide range of insurance clients, to be considered for this Senior Manager position, reporting to the Head of Legal and based in Hong Kong.
You will work closely with the senior management team and various business units, in providing legal support on daily operations, business projects, dispute resolution, regulatory inquiries.
- Providing legal advice and recommendation on a broad range of in-house legal matters, including but not limited to operational, administrative, regulatory, competition, employment and contentious matters
- Advising the management regularly on insurance product regulatory requirements and developments
- Draft and review legal documentation for various business units.
- Familiar with insurance products is a plus but not a must
- Constantly review insurance product and/or insurance related documents.
- Providing training and legal support to protect the commercial as well as reputational interests of the company
- Working with external counsel and professional advisers if necessary
- Performing such other functions to be assigned by supervisor
- Degree holder in Law or relevant disciplines
- PQE 6 or above, ideally 3 years within private practices and 3 years gained from another insurance companies
- Straight private practice PQE 6 candidates will also be considered, however must have experience dealing with insurance clients
- Able to adapt in a fast pace working environment with lots of changes
- Agile, positive working attitude and can be flexible to take on tasks that is not within your own remit
- Good team player and able to work under tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills with a creative mindset, analytical and innovative a plus
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)