This role is primarily responsible for deploying communications pillars to augment reach and audience appreciation of the Schroders brand, and to support momentum building of our businesses and products in Hong Kong SAR. The role will also be driving the roll-out of global and regional communications initiatives across Hong Kong SAR and mainland China. The role also contributes to other external and internal communications needs of the business. Key responsibilities:
Manage Media Relations
- Partner with PR agency to co-create the PR plan and to execute, observing compliance requirement and internal policies.
- Build relationship with key media contact, look for and evaluate PR opportunities, and offer sound recommendation on the handling.
- Stay informed of business focus, market sentiment and industry developments to inform PR priorities and relevance of messages.
- Monitor PR visibility in the market, analyse data to inform decisions and optimise plans and programs.
- Liaise with internal spokespersons and have them prepared for media engagement.
Drive corporate assets
- Develop and manage corporate communications materials, in alignment with global directives and local business positioning, to stay relevant.
- Proactively look for opportunities to gain awards and accolades for the company. Manage the process end-to-end from identification to riding on wins to profile the company.
- Leverage content from around the group to support local content flow. At times, originate content in multiple formats to support business goals with a communications lens.
Act on global, regional and local initiatives
- Liaise with global and regional teams on the roll-out of global and regional communications initiatives and events.
- Liaise with local channel marketers and proactively leverage communications pillars to support capability and product initiatives.
- Lead related local external outreach programs which may span across "owned", "earned", "paid" and "social" components, and be responsible for the end-to-end process from idea origination to post-program evaluation and analysis.
Contribute to Internal Communications
- Shape internal communications to support alignment of messaging and appreciation of corporate and business directives across internal and external audience.
- Support internal events featuring senior corporate spokespeople, eg. CEO Townhall.
- University degree in business related disciplines, preferably major in Marketing, Communications, Finance or business-related disciplines.
- 8+ years of working experience in marketing or communications functions for financial institutions. Previous experience in asset management will be an advantage.
- Solid English and Chinese language skills necessary for content marketing
- Knowledge of SFC regulations on fund products and marketing materials will be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge about China financial markets will be an advantage
- Good team player and interpersonal skills
- Strong co-ordination and organization skills, able to work independently
- A dynamic character and positive learning attitude
- High level of accuracy with an excellent attention to details
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (including Simplified Chinese). Fluency in Putonghua is a must
- Willing to travel for business occasionally, likely destinations would be APAC locations, including mainland China.