See job description for details
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Description ORM
Assist UORM to:
- Enhance risk governance within Unit by assisting UORM and Team Head of ORM in driving the Unit's operational risk committee or equivalent forum.
- Facilitate implementation of corporate operational risk policies and standards within CB units via timely communication and coordination with unit compliance coordinators to ensure consistent understanding and effective implementation across CB units.
- Ensure proper implementation of Unit-specific operational risk policies and procedures via coordinating proper completion and validation of RCSA/ Gap Analysis/ KOR and perform quality review and validation. Monitor and track proper action plans are established to address any control gaps identified.
- Promote risk & control awareness within CBG, including conducting operational risk training via supporting the issuance of Control and Compliance Newsletter, organizing control and compliance related forum for CB staff and monitoring of training attendance to ensure proper completion.
- Share operational risk best practices within the Unit by providing support for the issuance of Newsletter and Control & Compliance Forum.
- Monitor timely completion of quality RCSA and provide guidance on the identification / assessment of risks and controls. Ensure proper issues and action plans arising from the RCSA are tracked to completion.
- Ensure timely reporting/escalating of risk events/significant incidents via communication of reporting requirements with respective units and regular tracking and monitoring and perform action tracking to ensure timely issue resolution.
- Review and validate risk events reported for factual accuracy, proper categorization of event, cause, effect, and monitor that proper action plans are established to correct and prevent event from recurring. Ensure monthly reconciliations of operational losses/gains recorded in the Operational Risk Management System (ORMS) against the designated General Ledger accounts are performed, all outstanding operational risk events are closed promptly and follow-up action taken on long outstanding incidents, amongst other responsibilities.
- Prepare KRI report for management. Track and monitor to ensuring proper action plans are established to address issues for key risk trend or triggers observed. Prepare summary assessment for highlighting to management for attention and actions as appropriate.
- Track and monitor issue/action plan arising from RCSA, gap analysis, risk events, KRI, regulatory inspections, audits or other risk issues, and alert Unit management of potential and/or actual past due issues.
- Prepare Unit's operational risk profile (including OR losses, RCSA issues, KRI trends, compliance breaches, business continuity readiness or other significant issues) to Unit management, with proposed action plans to address the issues.
- Facilitate CB units to escalate significant issues to Unit management/ Risk Management Group -Operational Risk ("RMG - OR") through staff education and advisory service.
- Ensure timely implementation of the BCM policies and standards and business continuity readiness of CB via staff communication and BCP attestation.
Other Operational Risk Support
- Coordinate regional and country specific projects / initiatives as required for operational risk management and regulatory compliance
- Provide support such as collating response and reviewing documentation for internal and regulatory examinations/ investigations/ Gap Analysis/ RCSA/ Survey
- Provide support including disseminate AML/ PDPO related requirements, collate information/ data for regular reporting and exception monitoring and coordinate cross units implementation of latest AML/PDPO related policy and requirements, to Unit Data Protection Officer and AML Champion.
- Minimum 3 -5 years' experience in banking field, with exposure in control, compliance, audit, risk management or relevant experience.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of the Unit's business operations and processes.
- Ability to provide balanced perspective between business expediency and risk & control.
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate cross-team or cross-function collaboration to implement the Unit ORM programmes
- Performance and Initiative - Plays to win - self starter and prepared to move outside of comfort zone with tenacity to succeed
- Customer Focus - Builds strong customer relationships - establishes customer relationships, knows the customer and gains their confidence and trust
- Change and Innovation - Embraces and leads change - is open and positive about change, and is willing to learn and try new things and situations
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.