- This role will be responsible in supporting performance management in delivering their BAU and Project requirements.
- This role will also require to support CCIB BAU function during PMI replacement implementation.
The candidate is expected to play a central role in delivering the following:
- Support the overall country performance management for Hong Kong supporting the Country Management team with the Financial Planning and Budgeting/Forecasting exercise, monthly performance review and analysis.
- Responsible for Month end close, GL substantiation, MI Support to Country Management team, review and challenge of cost allocations, Cost planning, budgeting and forecasting activity.
- Support other Areas like competition benchmarking & peer reviews, interest rate impact analysis, and any other relevant business-related information requirements, etc.
- Partner with local, Regional Business / Country Finance teams on Hong Kong strategy, performance issues / opportunities.
- To implement appropriate internal controls and operating risk management/monitoring processes and procedures within the unit for ensuring integrity of Performance and Expense reporting and compliance with related group policies/standards.
In terms of CCIB related responsibilities:
- Support Business to create and track to Budgets or Forecasts, the RM Scorecards, KPI packs etc for monthly business and financial reviews.
- Help track cost trend and drive different projects designed to deliver CCIB business efficiency.
- Ensure booking of revenues, FTPs, costs, assets, avg assets, is done accurately on a monthly basis.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Responsible for supporting the Country CEO, CFO, Management team and PM teams with MI and analysis of the Management results for Hong Kong including providing run-rate analysis, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting.
- Support the preparation, review and consolidation of Management Packs like CMT, MBR, other adhoc packs.
- Support the Regional and Investor relations team with commentaries and variance analysis on the Country performance.
- Supporting the CEO and CFO with any other adhoc analysis and project related support.
- Resolve management accounting issues and implement Group policies stated in the Management Accounting manuals.
- Contribute in any ad-hoc finance related projects, including providing support to Finance Transformation initiatives as well as simplification of bank process
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CFO, Hong Kong
- Country onshore Performance management
- Country Business Finance (CPBB & CCIB)
- Business and Function team
- Balance Sheet Management team
- Change/Aspire Project Delivery
Our Ideal Candidate
- The role also requires to support projects or change initiatives.
- Project support role will be mainly focused on project management aspects involving tracking action points and meeting milestones, preparing regular updates and MIS to key stakeholders, and in partnership with Change Lead to aid with the design and implementation of the areas prioritised initiatives.
- Project support role will also include data gathering/validation and conduct testing for underlying change initiatives.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk and impediments in relation to project support role.
- Ensuring deliverables are of the desired quality and have appropriate endorsements/ signoffs.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Qualified accountant with relevant working experience in banks.
- Should have strong experience in implementation of strategic changes to performance management processes, systems and data.
- Strong connect with business performance metrics and how it is enabled through good process discipline.
- Strong analytical skills and data skills.
- Should have strong knowledge and understanding of data management, data quality and its linkage in driving business performance management.
- Good eye for detail and with a strong focus on controls and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing decisions at senior leadership level.
About Standard Chartered
- Project and Data Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers