The Role Responsibilities
- Assist Product Owner/Associate Director to deliver project on schedule and within budget.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the implementation of new business initiatives that have system development / enhancement needs
- Ensure successful sign off of User Story.
- Work and agree with Product Owner / project team to create and manage the project scopes, and ensure stakeholders objectives are met
- Follow the latest project management framework, system implementation governance and change management models
- Ensure a smooth system delivery through collaboration with all stakeholders in related functions and participate actively, supporting project needs in line with system development life cycle
- Be flexible and adopt new Agile practices and new ways of working
- Work closely with Business parties to deliver quality Business Requirements, document and bridge the communication gaps between Business and Technology.
- Ensure new system changes work seamlessly with business process, and balance risk, effectiveness and efficiency in system and process design
- Manage UAT resource capacity planning and utilisation for assigned projects
- Lead a team of 2-5 testers to execute UAT following quality framework, prepare UAT documents and closely monitor progress to provide timely status to all stakeholders and management
- Manage stakeholders from development to SIT/UAT, developing testing scenarios, go live support and hand over to production support
- Prepare training material and conduct training if needed
- Ensure team works in accordance with the Bank's latest strategy
- Ensure business priorities and values are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Manage the team's business resource and cost
People and Talent
- Ensure the team follows departmental operation instruction for all project engagements
- Ensure Process alignment with new system flow
- Ensure system implementation governance and change management models are followed through for all projects
- Develop teammates through project engagements.
- Proactively contribute system, product, UAT, project and process knowledge to the next generations.
- Balance risk, effectiveness and efficiency in system and process design
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure latest project management framework and testing quality governance framework are followed through for all projects
- Follow system implementation governance and change management model
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : e.g. Group Code of Conduct, Treat Our Customers Fairly, Fighting Bribery and Corruption, Conflict of Interest Code of Banking Practice
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Product Owners / Product Managers / Project Managers from products business, channel business and operations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Actively participate and contribute towards project delivery following the Bank's new Ways of working and the latest Agile model
About Standard Chartered
- University graduate of Computing, Mathematics, IT or related fields
- PMP or Agile PO/SM training is preferred
- System and Process Analysis skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Project Management under Waterfall or Agile
- UAT Planning and Management
- Banking product and process knowledge
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers