Senior Manager, Risk Assessment - HSBC Securities Services
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager, Risk Assessment
. Principal responsibilities
- A Risk Specialist role overseeing the risk and control framework globally for HSBC Securities Services
- Work alongside the HSBC Securities Services global team and in partnership with the respective Risk Stewards. Acting as a trusted advisor to our stakeholders and supporting the management of the business risk profile
- Act as a key lead leveraging our risk expertise and business understanding to support the HSBC Securities Services business operating within risk appetite.
- Providing assessment and guidance on both business threats and opportunities to internal stakeholders and to our clients
- Responsible for the challenge and oversight of Global Governance meetings including Global Risk, New Business Approval and Product Risk committees for the Management team.
- Assist the HSBC Securities Services Business with coordination and preparation of Internal, External Audit and Compliance Reviews and ensure the closure of any Audit Identified Issues.
- Ensuring appropriate assessment of the risk environment and definition of the control environment across the HSBC Securities Services Business, executing all activities in line with the Group Operational Risk Management Framework.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Working knowledge of HSBC Securities Services activities, capital markets products and processes would be an advantage.
- Educated to undergraduate or post graduate degree level in Accountancy, Finance or related field.
- Strong leadership and management ability.
- Deep understanding of HSBC structures, processes and objectives, especially in the risk environment.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in clear language.
- Use judgment and experience to determine how to handle complex requests and varying timescales.
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence with peers across the organisation.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.