Senior Manager, Trade Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate On Support
On Transactions Processing
- Preparation of monthly and periodical returns. Preparation of productivity analysis, management information and operational risk related analysis/reports. Ensure key control standards compliance.
- Review Product Program and DOI to ensure associated risks are duly addressed and mitigated.
- To manage the country team in a business manner to achieve:
- increasing productivity
- service provided to customer to meet or exceed the Service Level Agreement (SLA),
- partnership like relationship built up with CSG & Hub,
- good cost control within the department and own team.
- good quality control on operational/transactional risk
- contribution to the future strategic direction and processing innovations for Trade Services.
Interface with CSG & Hub
- Manage, maintain and control the operations
- Establish close relationship with CSG & Hub at managerial level for business direction and strategy.
- Cascade this relationship downward to all levels between the Country team and CSG such that Hub, HK Spoke and CSG work as close partners.
Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Customers
- Authorize and release trade related transactions up to the delegated limits.
- Authorize limit violations if they are within the credit authority granted
- Ensure that the service standards laid down in all the SLAs signed between the Bank and the customers are being met with, make adjustment on work assignment, work schedule and actual manpower in the team to achieve them.
- Review and update these SLAs annually or bi-annually if service requirements change.
Control & Risk Management
- To build up operational excellence, customer focus mindset and quality culture in the team.
Strictly comply with:
Productivity and Budgetary Management
- Bank policies and procedures
- Operational procedures / guidelines
- Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions procedures, in particular, report any suspicious activity as per current guidelines.
- Problem solving for difficult transactions and liaise with Head of SSC for suitability of transferring them to SSC control
- With the aid of the workflow management system, manage workflow across units and across teams to maximize productivity.
- To set realistic but demanding productivity target to units with a view to reduce unit cost
- Manage the running cost of the team to meet or exceed the budgetary target.
- Build morale and motivate subordinate unit managers and clerical staff to build up optimum team spirit and productivity.
Business direction and process innovation
- Manage the training program to ensure that all team members receive suitable training relevant to their position, potential, individual aspirations and the business short term and long term requirements.
- Pay attention to changing market practice, work-process innovation within or outside the bank and migrate the best practice, make suggestion for process re-engineering.
- Evaluate new business requirement raised by CSG, liaise with CSG head & Hub and present the case for them in HK Spoke.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.