Senior Manager, Transacting & Financial Solutions
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
The role holder is accountable for co-owning and delivering the end-to-end, best-in-class Cheque Clearing and Electronic Payment journey for Retail Banking clients. The role holder is expected to align the client journey objectives to RB's strategic agenda and responsible for identifying and creating areas of competitive advantage in the transacting and servicing domain, including change management within the domain. The role holder should also support the RB COO, Servicing & Transacting in coordinating and resolving trade-offs between competing priorities by closely working with Group RB Journey Heads, Group COO Journey Heads, Country and Regional COOs, Retail Products and Segments, digital and distribution teams in the Group and Country teams, Functional partners including T&I, Risk, Compliance, HR, Finance, Legal, Audit etc
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible and accountable for designing the end-state vision of the Cheque Clearing and Electronic Payment journey and setting the framework and organisational structure to deliver this experience. Embed digitisation principles in redesigning processes for straight-through-processing whenever possible.
- The role requires strong stakeholder management across Group, country, region, country business, T&I, frontline, Call Centre, Compliance, Finance and Risk to ensure alignment across organisation on target state architecture and to deliver the end-state vision. This includes prioritising initiatives and decisions related to the scope across different markets, product requirements while maintaining strict oversight over investment funding within the journey.
- Drive adoption of existing and future process and technology initiatives.
- Own end-to-end accountability of Clearing Operations team supporting the transaction and servicing element in Regions/ Countries for Retail Banking clients.
- In partnership with Regional COO, Servicing & Transacting and Business Heads to articulate a forward-looking view of emerging industry trends and regulations to develop a platform consistent with the Bank's and business' strategic ambition.
- Redesign and embed Transacting and Servicing-related processes aligning to Clients' requirements while adhering to the Bank's Operational Risk Framework ("ORF") and develop control measures to ensure processes are functional.
- Deliver outcomes on standard metrics/scorecard for transacting and servicing, e.g. , productivity, accuracy, service levels, losses / lapses, issues, and the Operational Risk Framework ("ORF") related to transacting and servicing.
- Work with Regional/Cluster/country RB Operations heads to agree on regional and country priorities, and resolve issues around the operating model, systems and processes to ensure these are considered and prioritised into investment plans, remediation initiatives and any other process as appropriate.
- Responsible and accountable for wealth operations process design for retail clients.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.