KPMG's People Services team provides compensation-, and employment-, related advice and insights to clients that help organisations attract, engage and retain their key executives and broader workforce, with a particular focus on internationally mobile employees.
Our highly experienced team provides a comprehensive mix of advice and tax-led services to meet employers' mobility and compensation needs. We develop tailored strategies and innovative solutions to enable organisations to achieve strategic business and workforce requirements.
Our service covers the development of policies and related remuneration packages, cross-border solutions between Hong Kong and other jurisdictions, reviews of international assignment programmes, pensions, tax, human resources advice, completion of tax returns (for the US, PRC and Hong Kong) for assignees and advanced technology-based solutions. The People Services portfolio ranges from large multinational companies to local start-ups.
We are now seeking high-calibre tax professionals support the continued growth of our People Services team in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate will bring a commercial and analytical mind and have solid advisory skills. Knowledge of the Hong Kong tax system is essential. Knowledge of Mainland China a plus.
- Have a very strong understanding of Hong Kong and / or Mainland China tax legislation and be able to apply it to various client matters
- Work with clients to develop tax efficient solutions to address their business needs
- Participate in business development activities and gain new work from existing clients
- Coach junior members of staff to help them achieve their goals. They will also review and manage their staff's work
- Use knowledge of relevant non-tax legal, financial and business information
- Regularly expand their knowledge of the tax business and keep up-to-date with the latest business and current affairs as it relates to their clients
- Deal with tax authority enquiries in an effective manner
- A degree in Accounting / Finance / Law / Engineering preferred or any other business-related discipline is required, as well as a professional qualification
- Minimum of 8 years' tax experience in a professional firm. Those with 5-8 years' experience may apply for the role of Manager
- Experience in handling complex technical issues concerning employee remuneration e.g., equity plans, dual contracts, pensions, etc
- Excellent written and spoken English, Cantonese or Mandarin language skills. Strong presentation skills is a plus
- Possess good client relationship skills
- Well-organized with ability to meet multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Self-starter and good team player
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.