Our client, a well-established Bank in Hong Kong, is looking for a high-calibre candidate to join their Group:
- Maintain sound operations policies, procedures and systems in alignment with the business objectives, efficiency, flexibility, control and customer service.
- Design and implement adequate controls to ensure compliance with new or revised regulatory requirements.
- Ensure operational risks of new banking products / services are adequately addressed and proper internal controls are in place.
- Review the existing operations process and initiate system enhancements to streamline processes and improve operational effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure smooth implementation of new policies and procedures, and launching of new products through branch channel.
- Assist line manager to strengthen 1st line of defense to improve oversight of regulatory compliance risk
- Drive control culture by engaging with management, product / channel owner to set the tone from the top, deliver communications and training to drive a deeper understanding of roles and responsibilities of product / channel owner
- Assist to develop and maintain self-assessment program / guideline for business units of PBG to follow and execute
- Monitor implementation of new/revised Code of Banking Practice or Banking Returns regulatory requirements
- Organize and plan periodic self-assessment exercise within PBG to ensure continuous compliance of regulatory / statutory requirements
- Develop procedures and manual for the department/group to get better implementation on AML/Compliance Policy and the relevant procedures and guidelines when necessary.
- Identify possible weaknesses in operations controls and notify Compliance Department.
- Liaise with relevant parties on preparation for business requirement, testing planning, testing scripts and system rollout preparation for systems, new products and new services.
- Identify operation deficiencies and make recommendations for rectification and continuous improvement.
- Degree holder or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in retail banking or branch operations/process design and development
- Good knowledge of banking products like credit cards and lending, banking practices, operation system and procedures, especially for retail/branch banking.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).