Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Senior Portfolio Analyst is primarily responsible for researching a range of fixed income investment portfolios and developing in-depth institutional-level portfolio analysis, messages and content to inform key stakeholders about T. Rowe Price's investment portfolios. The Senior Portfolio Analyst leverages the time of both the fixed income portfolio managers and fixed income portfolio specialists while working to help ensure the consistency, accuracy and integrity of investment messages across all regions, distribution channels, and audiences. The Senior Portfolio Analyst serves as a subject matter expert for their assigned fixed income investment strategies and serves as a representative of those investment strategies across the firm. Analysis and content developed by the Senior Portfolio Analyst supports the firm’s efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The Senior Portfolio Analyst must continuously grow and adapt to meet changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change over time. The portfolio analyst must excel at working independently, collaborating with key professionals, and leading projects to completion. The role is responsible for representing the fixed income investment division on project teams and collaborating effectively with many groups across the enterprise. As a senior member of the team, the associate in this role is expected to act as a leader in the group by proactively improving the group’s analytical methodology, enhancing information and spearheading group initiatives. This role will support a range of fixed income investment strategies some which have a macro focus as well as some with a credit focus.
Research & Analysis
- Conduct investment research on assigned fixed income investment portfolios, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning to support the needs of the portfolio manager or portfolio specialist. Research conducted by the portfolio analyst will often provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
- Creates custom analysis either to anticipate client concerns or to respond to client inquiries in a time sensitive environment on a global scale.
- Maintain knowledge necessary to act as a subject matter expert on markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers. Subject matter expertise is used to support existing strategies and may be used to support new product initiatives.
- Creates quality and nuanced investment messaging to effectively communicate and position results of analysis and inform key stakeholders. Messages are appropriately tailored for specific audiences and regions.
- Develop and deliver quarterly strategy updates to inform the enterprise of investment results and views on assigned strategies.
- Maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications in order to extract investment data and conduct analysis.
Provide Leverage to Other Investment Professionals
- Represent fixed income portfolio managers and fixed income portfolio specialists in response to associate and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up prospect, client, and consultant questions.
- Act as an authoritative fixed income investment resource for content creation including custom presentations, exhibits and analysis (i.e. mini kits, capital market decks, matrixes, new product collateral, etc.) used by Investment Management, portfolio specialists and the Business Units. Content is often appropriately tailored to applicable audience and region.
- Represent fixed income investments perspective on sales and marketing collateral, this can include development, review and/or sign-off responsibilities.
- Depending on coverage area and business needs, may be asked to participate in client meetings and/or client investment reviews.
Franchise & Asset Class Support
- Maintain relationships necessary to navigate an often complex organizational structure and evolving regulatory environment in order to respond to client needs.
- Contribute to an informed sales group by providing general education, onboarding, one-on-one coaching and facilitating quarterly meetings with distribution associates. Messages are often appropriately tailored to business unit and region.
- Educate and train diverse groups of TRP associates about capital markets, investments, economics, asset classes and investment portfolios. Messages are often appropriately tailored to business unit and region
- Provide fixed income franchise support on RFPs as well as written commentaries on assigned investment strategies.
- Support the full sales cycle (obtaining consultant ratings, prospecting, sales meeting preparation, real-time sales and client service meeting follow-up, client retention inquiries).
- Responsible for helping raise and maintain brand awareness globally by working with Marketing, PR, Distribution and other enterprise groups.
- Mentor new and junior members of the team.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence
- Minimum of 5 years Asset Management experience in a related field
- Solid understanding of Fixed Income
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA) or currently working towards the CFA
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg, Barclays POINT etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language), with experience in communicating investment matters
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Specialists, Distribution associates, and other internal partners across various locations
- •Knowledge of institutional investors across regions and segments
- •Authoritative command of asset class, investment strategies and portfolio analysis
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA)